On October 6th and 7th, a team of five volunteers and two contractors held a work session on the 757 at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.
Several tasks were performed including:
1. Verifying measurements and clearance information
2. Cleaning and securing cab for supply storage
3. Inspection, cleaning, and repacking of the trailing truck journals
4. Inspection of the leading truck journals
5. Tie up main rod on Fireman’s side to allow movement on museum site
6. Preliminary inspection and testing of individual brake components
7. Lubricate running gear components in preparation for move within museum site.
This work performed would not be possible if it wasn’t for the generosity of our donors. Every donation supports our efforts in covering expenses, labor, and supplies to make these preparations.